Installation & Service Technician
Job Description and Qualification below. Military dependents are strongly encouraged to apply, active duty military personnel are not eligible.
The role of the Mediatti Broadband Communications Service & Installation Technician (“Technician”) is to complete on premise installations and service calls for broadband high-speed Internet as well analog, digital and high definition cable television services to residential and non-residential customers. The Technician also works proactively to upgrade, service and maintain the broadband communications to minimize service interruptions and enhance the reliability of the network used to delivery MBC services to its customers. This work must be completed in a manner consistent with MBC policies, procedures, quality, standards, customer needs as well as applicable franchise and regulatory requirements.
1. Construct, install and maintain a high quality US industry based hybrid fiber-coaxial broadband communications network delivering high speed broadband internet and cable television services (“Network”)
2. Complete in-home installations of new services
3. Complete in-home service calls to resolve service related/impacting issues
4. Troubleshoot and repair issues in the Network
5. Conduct preventative maintenance to reduce Network failures
6. Install and configure high-definition set top boxes, digital set top boxes and cable modems
7. Provide English language technical support assisting customers with the configuration of home wired and wireless computer networks and home entertainment systems allowing access for connected devices to MBC delivered services.
8. Maintain a high standard of quality care in working with customers
9. Respond politely and professionally to customers
10. Participate in on-call rotation to respond to Network related outages after hours and on weekends
11. Offer alternative MBC product solutions with the objective of meeting customer needs
12. Adhere to company policy and procedures
13. Perform those other reasonable duties as assigned or directed by Management
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Fluent in English, both verbal and written
2. Experience in Customer Service, Sales and Technical Support roles
3. Experience in the Cable Television and Internet industry preferred
4. Accuracy and attention to detail required
5. Technical aptitude with an ability to understand and communicate complex issues to customers with various levels of knowledge
6. Excellent English language written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
7. Possess a SOFA driver’s license with a clean driving record to operate a company owned Y plated vehicle
8. Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice required
9. Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance, procedural and technical manuals
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out English based instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
11. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
13. Hand and finger dexterity to use power tools.
14. Ability to climb, crawl and work in limited access locations like crawl spaces, ducts, attics or at heights on utility poles, towers, ladders or roofs.
15. Ability to adhere to US industry based safety standards for all work sites in all weather conditions.
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line of the email: Last Name, First Name, MBC – Job Posting – Service and Installation Technician.
Posted in: Jobs
Find out how close you are to this item!